It’s hardly summer, yet we’re already seeing what’s hot on the runway for fall trends. Yes, it’s a continuation of what we’ve been seeing and more.
There are a few trends, thankfully, we’re closing the door on and you’ll want to know what those are.
Stay tuned and join me soon for the Fall 2011 Trends Review Webinar!
What’s Hot for Fall Trends 2011
- Feminine, Floaty Dresses: Note the word “floaty”. The fabric you’ll be seeing is soft and ethereal, draped and delicate.
- Chunky Ski Sweaters and Tribal Print Pants: Think alpine knits – remember Geiger Jackets??? That’s what you’ll be seeing.
- Gold Chunk Links: Gold has been slipping back into mainstream for sometime and with it heavy links reminiscent of the 80′s.
- Chic Evening and Cocktail Dresses: It’s chic to dress up again. If you plan to go out on the town, you’ll want an evening dress.
- Power to the Pump: Ladylike dressing continues with feminine touches and thicker heeled pumps and heeled loafers.
What’s NOT Hot for Fall Trends 2011
- Jumpsuits and Harem Pants: Well, they didn’t last long and I hope that you didn’t invest too much time on them because they are GONE!
- Cropped Cardigans: Sweaters are getting roomier and boxier and the shrunken cardigan is out.
- Heavy Beaded Jewelry: It just doesn’t mix well with what’s on the runway so put it away for fall.
- Dressing Down ala Denim and Shorts: It will not be the way to go out on the town this fall. That doesn’t mean you have to get rid of your jeans though. Dressing is is “in”…dressing down for date night is out.
- Knee-High Gladiators: Finally, gladiators have run the length of the trend. They’ve been around for 3, yes 3 years! If they’ve been in your closet that long, it’s time to say good bye!
Pay attention to what’s in and what’s out in trends and keep your closet streamlined and simple. Adding 1-2 trend pieces to your wardrobe won’t make you appear over the top rather “on trend” and up to date.
Try a trend in an accessory or a shoe to see how you like it before going all the way and you’ll:
“Look Good, Feel Great and Have FUN Doing It!”