Meet Karen C. Hughes
StyleYOUniversity grew out of the missing link I discovered listening to, connecting with and working inside the closets of 100′s of women throughout many years. Seeing overwhelm etched into their faces; listening to frustration and hearing desperation in their voices, it occurred to me that:
Most Women DON’T Need a Personal Shopper!
I found that most personal shoppers either sold what they liked or what they had in the store. This didn’t always translate into who the customer was. NO, what women needed, what they really wanted, was someone to TEACH them. Women wanted to learn HOW to shop for themselves. They wanted to learn how to buy the RIGHT pieces. They wanted to learn how to create a wardrobe that worked for THEIR lifestyle…TODAY!.
They needed a Teacher, a Mentor a Style Coach!
These women were smart, capable, busy women who felt quite successful in most other areas of their lives, yet for some reason couldn’t figure out what to wear. Some were married with children, most had busy, multi-dimensional lives.
Many didn’t like to shop. They bought what was on the mannequin because it “looked good,” yet didn’t know why they didn’t wear it. They couldn’t figure out how to dress the body they were in NOW. Finally, in frustration they gave up and defaulting to what worked, and were just getting by.
The fourth of 6 children, I come from a large family and grew up doing a lot of watching, waiting and taking turns!
Happy but private, reserved, sensitive and observant, consistent and hardworking, were all ways I showed up as a child. I just had NO IDEA that these were traits that were helping me develop my highly attuned style skills.
One funny thing you don’t know about me is that I LOVE Potato Chips! I know they are BAD for you! There’s just something about them that I can’t give up! I’m not picky either. Most any chip will do…just DON’T Give me a baked chip potato chip!
College helped me find my voice. I was taught the “rules” that governed good business and retail management strategies, but that was not my path to take. For 10 years I worked in a Fortune 100 Company marketing, training and supporting customers. I did not realize then that I was honing my presentation skills and developing a passion for teaching.
-Like most women, I have worn many hats that qualify me for what I do today. I am a wife and mother to 3 children. I have been a stay-at-home mom and a volunteer. I have lead groups of volunteers and fund-raising events. I have taught Sunday School and worked with charitable organizations.-
- 2005, Image Assets, LLC is Born. In 2005, I started my business, Image Assets, LLC. Gaining credentials and certifications was important to me, so I became a Certified Image Consultant with world-wide, highly respected industry organization, Association of Image Consultants International, AICI.
- 2007, StyleCAMP Workshops created. In 2007,StyleCAMP was created and these workshops became the driving force in my march toward teaching.
- Building my Knowledge and Credentials. Within 3 years of developing my business, I became a Certified Image Professional, (CIP) the second of just three levels of certification within AICI.
- 2009, StyleYOUniversity created. In 2009, in an effort to reach a broader audience, I created and trademarked StyleYOUniversity. With this introduction, I began The Learning Boutique the online learning component of Image Assets. Through webinars, tele-seminars and online style coaching, my true gift, my passion-teaching you how to do what I know how to do started to take shape.
- Discovering the Impact of Color. I have been told that I am the “expert” in the Southeast on Color. I am passionate about color and cannot learn enough about what color does to and for us as human beings. Color is something we are surrounded by and using it to your benefit will enhance your emotional and physical well-being. My clients tell me that my voice is forever in their head, repeating mantras, helping them shop! Am I the expert? I’ll let you be the judge.
It is an amazing journey that has let me to what I do today!
Today, my greatest gift is the gift of knowledge. I teach you how to recognize your assets. I teach you how to use color in your wardrobe. I teach you how to create a signature style so that overwhelm is replaced with confidence. I show you how to look at the mannequin and know what part of that look is “your” style. You are no longer frustrated when you shop because you have the tools you need to succeed regardless of the stage of life you are in.
Today, Corporations hire me to TEACH employees to embrace the corporate brand image. Interpreting just WHAT that brand image looks like in employees is a vital communication tool that helps employees know how to show up every day! Companies know their employees are their greatest asset.
Today, you’ll find me at retreats, breakout sessions and workshops teaching ways to develop a signature style.
Today, I am online with webinars, tele-seminars and coaching sessions helping you create a wardrobe that works for the life you lead today! Being comfortable in the “skin” you are in is important to me. Teaching you how to have great personal style is what I do!
Join me on this journey! Follow me on Twitter, Come join the community online at FaceBook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest. I now have a Podcast called The Style Lounge Join the many ways to connect with me online at StyleYOUNiversity.com Let me help YOU discover and create your own unique signature style!