We are often confused by all the latest trends and want to go out to buy something just so we can be up to date or ‘on trend’. Have you ever gone to the shops and not seen any color you like or even looks good on you? Or, you may be experiencing a budget crisis and want to update but really don’t have the money. Check out the tips below on how to update your wardrobe whether you are on a budget or just can find any color that you like. Just don’t buy anything, but the right thing and your wardrobe will sing!
10 Tips to update your wardrobe when it is not your season or you are on a budget
- Focus on basic or core pieces (slacks, skirts, jackets-nothing too exaggerated or severe)
- Buy a new suit in a neutral color (navy, black, gray, brown, etc)
- Buy a Pashmina or scarf (they are usually always in an array of colors that will match your season)
- Update your belts to match the current trends (skinny belts for fall)
- Add some textured tights
- Build your lingerie wardrobe – get fitted for a new bra
- Update with a new handbag
- Try some accessories that are in season. A great “statement” necklace is all the rage this season.
- Get a new style of jeans that fit great and look great (get them in 2 hem lengths-you’ll be glad you did)
- Focus on shoes (shoes are big this season and will add huge impact)