Shopping is a Hassle, Right?
Do you know how to shop?
I know this sounds like a lame thing to write about but seriously, do you know just “HOW” to find what it is you are looking for? How you approach finding what it is you are looking for is the most important key to your successful trip!
Most women approach shopping as a fun girlfriend thing to do. Something they do on a lark, something to do to see what is on sale. Then they’ll see if it fits what they think they need or are looking for. I have one word to say about this…..B A C K W A R D S
Let me share with you a little secret…..SHOPPING is NOT easy…that is why there are so many personal shoppers out there.
When I shop with clients, I am very targeted…YOU are very targeted, because you are PAYING me to solve your problem and you don’t want to break the bank. Personally, I don’t want you to spend all of your hard earned dollars on me either. That’s not fun.
Shop Like a Personal Shopper-Plan Ahead!
The old adage, Plan Ahead, has never been truer than it is for shopping! To shop like a personal shopper AND find success wherever you shop, follow these steps that I do in preparing my clients for a great shopping experience!
6 Steps to Shopping Success
- What’s your plan? What is it that you are going to the store for? What is the most important item you need to walk away with?
- What is your budget? Be realistic. Can you afford what you have in mind?
- Do your research. Before I shop with any client, I will always have a plan of where I am going based on her need and her budget.
- Prepare yourself physically! That’s right, show up ready to shop. Wear clothing that is easy to get in and out of. Wear your best undergarments…shapewear if necessary and be clean, fresh and made up.
- EAT a healthy balanced breakfast. Take a few snacks and water. Your stamina depends on how you have fueled your body
- Finally, decide how much time you are going to devote to the task. In my unscientific research, I have found that you are the most productive in the first 45-60 minutes of shopping. To get the most success, your shopping should average between 2 and 4 hours. After that period, often you will get discouraged and have a tendency to buy on impulse.
STICK to the Plan as best as possible….I know you may find something that is a great buy but filling your most important need first is the ultimate goal!
All of this is known in the “industry” as preparation. Once you get used to the idea of prepping yourself, you may actually find that you can ‘wander’ and ‘shop’ the mall at will because you know what you need and aren’t sucked into every sale rack for the sake of the sale but for the sake of filling that hole in your closet.
Remember the old saying